5th floor office, room B501a
Tel: +358 9 191 25579
Fax: +358 9 191 25554
1st floor office, room B117a
Tel: +358 9 191 25271
Fax: +358 9 191 25261
PO Box 63 (Haartmaninkatu 8)
FI-00014 University of Helsinki
- The BIU will be running its 1st imaging workshop from 15th -19th November in partnership with the HBGS. Further information can be found on our Courses and Seminars page.
- There will be a short seminar on the Bioflux live-cell shear flow system on Monday, Oct 11 at 2.00-3.00 pm in room B136a (Physiology meeting room, first floor). A demo system will be set up on the Till Photonics microscope on the first floor, room A123b. The system will be available October 11-13 and set up mainly for platelet adhesion and biofilm analysis. If you are interested in testing the system please contact BIU staff.
- We will have a Zeiss LSM 780 confocal laser scanning microscope available for testing from Oct 4 for two weeks. There will be Zeiss representatives available for demonstrations and questions on the 5th, 6th and 7th (Tuesday to Thursday). The system is equipped with a 32 channel GaAsP spectral detector (high sensitivity spectral detection) and 405, Argon, 561, 594 and 633 lasers. As the LSM 780 is one possible platform for future BIU purchases user input on the system and its ease of use would be appreciated.
- Nikon in association with GW Berg is organizing an imaging seminar "New Era of Confocal Imaging and Solutions" on the 3rd of September at 10.00-12.00AM in seminar room 3 (P-floor). The main speaker will be Robert Stad of Nikon Instruments Europe.
If you are interested in attending please register directly with Tero Ahvenharju at GW Berg (tel. 0201 255271 or e-mail email@example.com ) preferably by 31 August to guarantee refreshments.
- Both the Molecular Imaging Unit and the Cellular Imaging Unit will now operate under the title of the Biomedicum Imaging Unit (BIU). All user information and services can now be accessed here. (31.8.2010).
March 21, 2012
Mail to Webmaster