Ph.D., Adjunct Professor, Academy Research Fellow
Translational Cancer Biology Research Program Institute of Biomedicine Biomedicum Helsinki
P.O. Box 63 (Haartmaninkatu 8) FI-00014 University of Helsinki Finland
Tel. +358 2 941 25514 Fax +358 2 941 25510
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Google+
Jeltsch Lab: Lymphangiogenesis Research & Antibody Development
Welcome to our lab's web pages! Our research focuses on cancer drug targets. Our research is pre-clinical, but ultimately we would like to translate our research results and start clinical trials once we have developed a sufficiently promising therapeutical agent or procedure.More..
- We received Academy funding to to forge ahead with research!
- The Cloning Club has started. Every Tuesday at 1 pm. Biomedicum Helsinki, meeting room 7 (5th floor).
- Open postdoc position in our lab: Read more...
- A review about Lymphatic Vessels in Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering, to which contributed. For the next 30 days, the postprint manuscript is available for free from the publisher. After that you can still get it from here. The the final publication will be available from Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers.
- Kenny and me did write a short update on the century-old controversy about the mechanism of embryonic lymphatic development. It was published in the German journal Lymphologie in Forschung und Praxis, which used to be behind a pay wall, but this issue is freely available from here at least at the moment of this writing. Originally we wrote in German, but you can also download the English version.
- Introducing the Äkta Avant: The new FPLC machine for the purification of proteins is operational. Come to the introductory event on November 13th!
- Congratulations, Tanja! Your thesis about the N-glycosylation of VEGF-B is finally online after 14 years.
- We have been organizing a practical protein purification course: Protein Purification with the Äkta Avant FPLC. Emphasis was on using method runs on the Äkta Avant for a 2-step-purification (affinity chromatography + gel filtration). Here are the results: https://jeltsch.org/FPLC-course.
- The 6th edition of the the book Erkrankungen des Lymphgefäßsystems (Diseases of the Lymphatic System) is out. It's a German language textbook, for which Kenny Mattonet, Jörg Wilting and myself wrote the chapter about the genetic causes of primary lymphedema. Get it from here, since Amazon still sells the old edition. If you have a really good excuse why you should get one for free, mail me! I have a few copies.
- Our application (development of the Illusion System) for the ERC consolidator grant got into the 2. round!
- Michael's presentation abstract from the 41st ESL Congress (June 4th, 2015; Lausanne, Switzerland): https://jeltsch.org/sites/jeltsch.org/files/Jeltsch2015_EJLRP.pdf
- Enni has published her Engineering thesis! http://www.theseus.fi/handle/10024/92972
- We have sponsored the giant soap bubbles for the Flora daycare center activities at the Arabia street festival. The recipe is available from here: https://jeltsch.org/soapbubbles/#soap_bubbles
- We won the best paper award by Circulation in the category "Basic Science".
- Follow Our Lab on Google+!
- Links to the lecture notes and lab course materials for Practical Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering, which our lab organized for the Doctoral Program in Biomedicine: Lecture notes, Lab course materials.
- Download the PDF about lymphangiogenesis research, presented on October 3rd 2014 at the 38. Congress of the German Lymphological Society in Halle (Saale). This presentation is in German!