The IVBM2018 Organizing Committee is happy to announce Travel & Posters Awards for young investigators presenting a poster in the IVBM2018. The Travel & Poster Awards are sponsored by EVBO, LE&RN, NAVBO & Wihuri Research Institute. To apply the Travel & Poster Awards you need to submit an abstract, register to the meeting & present a poster in the IVBM2018. Please see below the sponsors' conditions for eligibility and further instructions.
EVBO will be awarding 5 x €500 travel awards to trainees presenting abstracts at the International Vascular Biology meeting in in Helsinki, Finland (June 3-7, 2018). These will only be available to EVBO members presenting an abstract.
To apply for the award, register and submit an abstract to the IVBM2018 meeting and indicate that you are applying for the EVBO award within the online abstract submission.
Young researcher who are members of the SFA can apply for travel grants. Please see the webpage for more information. SFA website
LE&RN TRAINEE TRAVEL AWARDS TO THE 20TH INTERNATIONAL VASCULAR BIOLOGY MEETING
The Lymphatic Education & Research Network is offering a limited number (10 total of $600 USD) for young investigators who are LE&RN members (PhD students, medical students, and postdoctoral students) to defray registration and travel costs associated with attending the 20th International Vascular Biology Meeting in Helsinki, Finland (June 3-7, 2018).
To apply, prospective candidates must:
(1) Be actively enrolled in a doctoral program, residency or accredited program of postdoctoral graduate education in the biomedical sciences. Other trainees will be considered at the discretion of LE&RN and the Review committee.
(2) Provide a blog post summarizing the meeting and their experience at the event.
(3) Must be a current LE&RN supporting member in good standing through December 31, 2018 or later (become a supporting member here). Applicants who fail to maintain a minimum of a one-year LE&RN supporting membership will be not eligible for future LE&RN fellowship or travel award support.
(4) Reside more than 40 kilometers / 25 miles from the conference
To be considered for a Travel Award, the following information is required:
(1) Submit an abstract and register to the 2018 IVBM. Click here to submit an abstract.
(2) Provide your Curriculum Vitae (CV) or National Institutes of Health biographical sketch
(3) Indicate that you are applying for this award within the online abstract submission
Please submit the required documentation in a SINGLE EMAIL to: info@LymphaticNetwork.org
Application deadline coincides with the abstract deadline for the IVBM (March 19, 2018). Any questions or problems, please contact LE&RN at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel grant recipients will be determined by the committee after the candidate has met all eligibility requirements.
NAVBO TRAINEE TRAVEL AWARDS TO THE 20TH INTERNATIONAL VASCULAR BIOLOGY MEETING
The North American Vascular Biology Organization will award up to 8 travel awards to the 20th IVBM in Helsinki, Finland (June 3-7, 2018)
Only NAVBO trainee members will be eligible. (Apply for NAVBO membership here - Trainee membership is $50 per year for graduate students and post docs; undergraduates pay only $25)
You must submit your abstract to the 2018 IVBM. Follow this link: http://research.med.helsinki.fi/cancerbio/IVBM/abstracts.html
To apply for the award:
Application deadline coincides with the abstract deadline for the IVBM (March 19, 2018). Any questions or problems, please contact Bernadette Englert at email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed and scored by the NAVBO Meritorious Awards Committee. Recipients will be notified by April 22, 2018.
The Wihuri Research Institute award 5 x 500 € for Best Poster/Travel Awards to trainees (students, postdocs and junior faculty) the presenting a poster in IVBM2018. To apply for the award, please indicate this when you register and submit an abstract to the IVBM2018 in the Abstract Submission e-form. The deadline is March 19, 2018! The selection of the winners is based on quality of the abstract and the corresponding poster in the meeting.